Tuesday, February 25, 2014

It's all in the bag! The Best Sunflower Seeds Power Rankings

Take me out to the ball game and take me out with the crowd, but if you are buying me anything, it better be a bag of sunflower seeds. I'd settle for peanuts I guess, but Cracker Jack is a no-go. I'm a shelled snack kind of guy and I pride myself in eating entire bags in one sitting, over several hours at a time if need be.

This list is for all my seed-poppin', shell-spittin' brothers out there who believe that seeds and baseball could be one of the best food/fan marraiges out there.

If you even bother eating Frito Lay or David seeds, I have a feeling you have no respect for yourself. Do yourself and your mouth a favor and grab a mans bag of seeds. All five of these are proven to make you run faster and jump higher and bring your game to the level of at least Alexi Amarista.

So, here is my top 5 seeds to get you through this 2014 baseball season. Don't be afraid to buy in bulk. You will eat them.

5. Giant Sriacha


There is always room for untraditional flavors of seeds and sriacha flavor is proof of trying new things is good for the seed world. Surprisingly, these pack a nice kick for any spice enthusiast out there and sure to leave a few mouths in search of a fire extinguisher. Give them a try...if you dare.





4. Bigs Original flavor



Every once in a while, having a plain, original seed can satisfy any salty craving, and there is a reason these are the official seed of the MLB. These are great in small doses and I would never turn away a handful of these that will eventually lead to the necessity of chugging a Gatorade Riptide Rush. Don't be afraid, try me sometime.





3. Spitz Dill Pickle

Many are afraid to try a bag of these, but let me tell you, these are awesome. Literally a taste that have never tingled your buds before, and I am sure they resent you for it. Don't be turned off by the idea of eating "pickle" because I don't even notice or remember until I am at least halfway through a bag that they are supposed to taste like a cucumbers little bro. High risk yields high reward and dill pickle seeds yield an overall better quality of life.




2. Jumbo Ranch


Several reasons these make my list besides the gourmet flavor that sends me into a seed nirvana. These seeds are BIG. The name jumbo is no joke as these seeds are at least twice the size of the normal seed and 7x the size of those David seeds I mentioned earlier. A very underrated fact of these is no severe splitting. Instead of getting seed shrapnel that sticks into your gums like tiny ice picks and eventually leading to pints of blood lost and poor performance during the game, these are a clean break. Lastly, none of that powder stuff. All ranch coat on the whatever they call it to flavor and leads to messy hands and powder everywhere. Not Jumbo. These seeds must have the flavor roasted in or something because the coast yields no powder and packs an extreme flavor anyone can enjoy.

1. Spitz Smoky BBQ



 There is only reason Jumbo doesn't crack the #1 and it's because this seed is truly the seeds of the baseball gods themselves. I can't confirm, but I'm sure Babe Ruth is up there with a bag of these currently. Imagine sitting down to a nice dinner and Phil's BBQ. Now imagine that tasting a million times better and getting it all for just $1.50 a bag that you can pick up at your local Shell gas station. Truly, the greatest flavor of any seed ever created and ultimately in a whole new snack category of their own. If you honestly claim yourself to be a true seed lover and have never tried these, I order you to leave reading this blog and go buy a bag now. It will be the best snack decision you will ever make in your entire life. Show your mouth the respect it deserves.


Enjoy the sodium overload this season. I know I will. 



No comments:

Post a Comment