Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Even you can be a Padres (partial) season ticket holder

Its that time of year again. Baseball is back. You pull out the schedule, pick your games and get ready for another exciting season at Petco Park, but I have one question for you: why aren't you a partial season ticket holder?

I hope this guy is a season ticket holder.

I have asked myself that question for the last few years as I have trekked down the cluttered 163 and patrolled the streets of downtown to find some free parking over twenty times each season. On each one of these pilgrimages, I forked over a minimum of ten bucks to gain access to the gates of Petco Park. Estimated cost per year easily eclipsed $200. Don't get me wrong, this is quite the bargain to attend a plethora of baseball games, but the hassle of buying tickets day of, waiting in line, and if it is a Giants game...don't get me started.

So, at FanFest I scouted the crowd until I came across Riley Danford, my new Account Executive. I told him straight up I wanted the cheapest 21-game pack the Padres have and he hooked my roommate and I up with the weekend plan for $195/ea or $9.50 a ticket. But enough about my story, I want to tell you the best reasons to get a plan


First, flexibility. With the plan I purchased, I get what is dubbed "the weekend package" or Plan Blue X where I get Monday, Friday and Sunday games throughout the year. The nice thing about this package is though is any weekend game is flexible in which you can move it to any other game you want. For instance, say I have a Sunday game against the Marlins, cash that in and change it to a Saturday game a tickets to a replica jersey night instead. Any good promotional night, any big series, or just a busy schedule, an easy switch can be made right from your computer, no questions asked.

Second, the ability to purchase additional tickets. My roommate and I just have our two, but at game we have in our 21-gamer, we can purchase up to six additional tickets at the cost we pay ($9.50). This includes Opening Day (normally $21.75) and weekend series. Even though it is just us two, we never attend a game with less than 4 people so this is a great way to save everyone money over the course of the year.



Third, you get Opening Night. Pretty self explanatory, and if you want you can also get Opening Day. These tickets are almost sold out. Not for me, I am rolling 10 deep.

Last, they can be upgraded with ease. Say I find lower box seats that I want. Boom. Mine. All I have to do is pay the upgrade fee, which is the price of a season ticket in that section. Also, if I want combine two games worth of tickets, that value can be applied to one ticket.


Padres are nice enough to add tons of perks to their plan to make it easy for people to get out to the ballpark. The price point is there, the flexibility is there, and other perks like promotions make the partial season ticket plans a sweet way for any fan to make 2014 a great season to remember as a Padre fan. And also, you didn't hear it from me, but the Padres just might surprise some teams this year and sneak in as a wild card. Only time will tell, but I will be there, 21 times at least, to enjoy the ride.

For my last point, 21 times you can skip out on listening to these two. Hubba, hubba.



Go Padres!

No comments:

Post a Comment