Saturday, February 22, 2014

Hurt Headley Hinders Him Hitting Home Runs

On the Twittersphere today, just checking in on the latest gossip on Spring Training and people posting selfies of Chris Denorfia, when I came across news that only seems fitting for the Padres:


Well, uh oh! That sounds crappy!

Two years in a row? You've got to be kidding me right? Corey Brock is pulling my leg and hoping to find the tween that says "LOL JK", but as I scroll down the page and see Bob Scanlan and other confirm this tragedy, I must now accept that our Face of the MLB contestant is out....again.

I feel ya, buddy

With Chase Headley sidelined for the second year in a row during the Spring Training season, it can't help but make me a little frustrated about the start of Padres camp in Peoria. This is already the second injury (Max Fried) the Pads have seen and we haven't even made it through the first week. I am expecting soon to see Venable go down with a rattle snake bite, Maybin straining his elbow while brushing his teeth or some other fluke accident to make things worse.



Even though Headley's injury was deemed "minor" and "will be back in a few weeks", that doesn't put me in the greatest of moods knowing our star player and *crosses fingers* future extended player is hurt already in what I felt was going to be a big year. He wants to show '12 wasn't a fluke and he knows it is a contract year. Some numbers will be put up, right?

But, I see the silver lining. It did happen just in the first week of camp and that will give him plenty of time to recover and still have a productive spring and be ready for Opening Day. Couldn't be worse than last year when we trotted out Cody Ransom at 3B at Opening Day at Petco Park last year.

Well, get well Chase. We need you. Heck, I need you...mainly for fantasy baseball purposes, but your bat is welcomed with open arms into a hopefully potent (can I use that word talking about the Padres?) lineup.

Go Pads!


No comments:

Post a Comment