Monday, March 11, 2013

Shhhh...Did You Just Hear Something?


Boom! Here comes the Boom!
Ready or not, here comes Alonso from the South
Boom! Here comes the Boom! Ready or not, how you like me now?

You gotta love that video (click on the lyrics for the link duuuuh) if your a Padres fan.  Yes we know, don't put much value in Spring Training to evaluate productivity- but sheesh did you just hear that pop?

Alonso had a productive rookie campaign and really turned it on in the second half.  He ended the year with a .273/.348/.393 line with 62 RBIs and 48 XBHs- 32% of his hits were for extra bases.  I think this year we will see more power from him- I could see him hitting 15-20 HRs, up from only 9 last year.

Hey guys, I'm good at baseball. What's so funny Clayton?

He has proven that he can hit the left and right-center field gaps and if he doesn't end up generating more power, I am content with him hitting gappers all year.  There's just so much to like a lot about this guy: he plays an above-average first base, has power to all fields, is young, and is durable (played in 155 games last year).

I'm so excited to see what he will do this season.  Mat Latos who?

I know those lyrics at the top got you pumped, so here it is (can they make a Padres theme song, but not as awful as the one for the Chargers):


No comments:

Post a Comment