Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Padres Spring Training Update: Fun For Everyone

Today is Tuesday, and if my calculations are correct, we are just...1,2...3. 3 days away from the first Spring Training game down in Arizona.

So, to sum that last sentence up, baseball games start Friday and I cry tears of joy.

Sometimes, there is crying in baseball.
It has been fun so far from the fan point of view to follow the flow of information regarding this new, upcoming season. Yes, starting the season off with more talk of the whole "Grandal did steroids" talk wasn't too enriching but he did say he was sorry. In the words of Hannah Montana, Nobody's Perfect (for a good laugh and my exact feelings, watch this). Obviously, the effects of the steroids are still lingering, as he won the Catcher's Olympics yesterday at Padres camp.


In my defense, I feel I get to poke him for 50 games. Fair trade.

Other news, six Padres begin gearing up to head to the World Baseball Classic in a few weeks with potential news of a seventh. Apparently, there is talks of Chase Headley joining the team as well. I don't this that is fair, considering they are playing in Arizona in their first fews games (USA! USA!)

Last news isn't much to wet my pants over, but Bud Black has announced opening day starter will be Sean O'Sullivan...for Friday's first Spring Training Game. Tyson Ross will start on Saturday.

It isn't much so far, but it is news and something you can tell your friends about. 

Then you get moments like these.

Trevor Hoffman pitches to camp invitee, Austin Hedges. I have a hunch he is giving a healthy dose of change-ups. 

Richard and Volquez screw around during photo shoot. Hoping these guys finish 1, 2 in wins this year.
If you want even more cool stuff, you can listen to interview of A.J. Hinch. Ignore the first five seconds where they talk about Jurassic 5.

I am excited for Friday. You should be too.




No comments:

Post a Comment