Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Five Players I am Glad aren't Padres

I love baseball and I love most baseball players. Yes, most. Some are just total d-bags. There are some guys in the league, I do not care how talented they are and if they could turn the Padres into an instant contender, that I would not want donning the Padres navy blue and white/sand/whatever.

No, they have not done anything personal to me whatsoever, well besides making me view them on a diamond as an opposing player. In fact, they have done a lot for me. They have allowed me to bellow out in dislike if I ever get to witness them on the field in person. This is truly a priceless treasure and these five guys completely stand high on a pedestal as my most hated players in Major League Baseball.

5. Mark Texiera

I can't really explain my hatred for Mark Texiera, much like I am guessing most of you can't. Mark Texiera just looks like a d-bag. Straight up. Today, when I typed in "Mark Texiera D", Google autofilled "ouchebag". True story!

It might be the fact he plays for the Yankees that sets me off, but so do 23 other players that aren't on my list. There is something about Texiera that needs no explanation.
Low Quality. Deal with it.


4. Fernando Rodney


Two reasons for my hatred of this guy:
-WEAR YOUR HAT STRAIGHT, YOU IDIOT! ALL CAPS IS DESERVED. I CANNOT STAND PLAYERS WHO WEAR THEIR HAT CROOKED DURING THE GAME. YOU LOOK LIKE A BIG DUMMY HEAD OR YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE A MIRROR. But seriously, wear your hat the right way and look like a professional on the field

-Secondly, the stupid arrow thing. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I mean, I enjoy watching Papa Grande celebrate (almost as much as I love watching him blow saves), so I do not understand why it gets me so flustered. But it does, so I don't like him.




3. Brett Gardner


I admit this one is totally irrational. Brett Gardner actually seems like a pretty good guy and doesn't do anything that I have seen to warrant hatred. He visits kids in the hospital, he donates money and he hustles. So why? I don't know, but this is my list and he just bothers me. Maybe his stupid bald head or I wonder how he got an attractive wife (I guess he has 52 million reasons) or also the fact he plays for the Yankees that makes him relevant. If he was a Twin, I would probably enjoy him, but he isn't so booooooooo.

2. Bryce Harper

It is a clown question to even ask why I don't like this guy. Super phenom, awesome, super cool, fast young, sick haircut, bro, Bryce Harper. If it wasn't for guy #1 on my list, he would easily take the cake. I know he is still only 21 years old, but he acts like the biggest baby on the field almost always. When he got benched for his lack of hustle the other day, it made me smile because that means the golden boy did something wrong.

Or when this happened....



His frat boy persona makes me wonder if he missed going to Arizona State and joining the Sigma Whatevers for four years instead of going to The Show.



And his presence in the new Gatorade commercial bothers me.


And how he feels the need to complain when calls don't go his way




1. Hunter Pence

How can someone who lacks any coordination, look so goofy as if he is itching to get picked last in a middle school dodgeball game play in the MLB.



And he plays for the Giants (although, I did not like him prior to this).



And then this was made.


He has more World Series rings than the Padres, and that makes me sad. I want a World Series ring and the guy I hate most in baseball has one. Booooo Hunter Pence, boooooooooooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment