Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Grandal Plans to Say He is "sorry"

"Hey team, yeah, sorry I did steroids..."



How else can this really go down beside this? A news report came out today saying that Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal plans to apologize to the team on Saturday at Spring Training. He was tested positive last November for banned substance and received a 50-game suspension and recently has been suspected to be connected with the Miami PED scandal which has been the talk of the last few weeks.

My first thought was, how does one plan to apologize. Doesn't one just do it? I mean, if I did something wrong, I am pretty sure my girlfriend wouldn't let me plan to apologize, it would just be expected of me. I understand he wants to wait for the entire team to show up Saturday, but I would have been more excited to read an article stating that he has apologized.

 He really should be apologizing to me though. I was stoked on seeing him play this year after a great debut last year only to find him being suspended for 50 games. Now, I trade in his power at near .300 batting average to potentially seeing Nick Hundley get his swing back after his demotion to the minors last year.

Hundley had a pitiful season last year to say the least. Not only did he record career-lows in Home Runs (3), RBI’s (22), Hits (32), and Runs (14), his Batting Average (.157 32 for 204), On-Base Percentage (.219), and Slugging Percentage (.245) were awful.

This is most likely Nick's reaction after finding the news of Grandal in the offseason.


I personally hope to see a lot of John Baker over Nick Hundley this year if he is going to give a 81 point average jump from him (.238).

Yasmani, I forgive you. I really do. I am a disappointed fan, but I hope this is just a small blip on an otherwise promising Padres career.

No comments:

Post a Comment